St. Michael School 124 Years Strong
St. Michael School: Faith-Scholarship-Leadership-Service
St. Michael School is set to embark on its 124th year of educating students! Longstanding traditions of faith, scholarship, leadership, and service are hallmarks of St. Michael School education, which was founded by the Sisters of the Most Holy Sacrament in 1900. St. Michael School’s goal is for each child to be taught to develop individually as a Christian who will grow up to live as an integral part of the Catholic Faith community. We also believe in providing a strong Catholic education centered on the person of Jesus Christ steeped with teachings in faith and morals and inspiring students to live as Jesus commanded. St. Michael’s theme this year resonates the school’s values and culture with St. Michael School is… JOY! Just, Like Joseph. Obedient, Like Jesus. Yes, Like Mary.
St. Michael School offers…
• A rigorous PK3-8th grade curriculum that gives our students the opportunity to perform at higher levels. St. Michael School has highly qualified teachers that are dedicated to meeting the needs of all our students.
• Resource and intervention teachers to help our students succeed at all levels.
• A school culture that is rooted in gospel values and centered on the Eucharist. Weekly masses, religion classes, and time spent in the on-campus Chapel with the Blessed Sacrament offers our students the opportunity to live, learn, and love their faith.
• A state-of-the-art STEM/MakerSpace classroom. The room is designed to offer students learning areas which foster a positive culture that allows students to problem-solve, collaborate, create, test ideas, and build with their hands. St. Michael School also offers a hands-on Science lab that enables our students to learn through exploring the world of science through experiments.
• 1:1 Chromebooks in K-8 across the curriculum. Pre-K is exposed to technology by the use of iPads in the classroom to enhance lessons and activities.
• An After the Bell Extended Day Program until 6 pm. Students are helped with homeroom and offered tutoring with certified teachers.
• Enrichment classes such as art, music, physical education, Spanish and a plethora of extracurricular clubs, robotics and quiz bowl teams and multiple sports teams, which help to ensure a well-rounded and balanced educational opportunity for students.
We open up God’s world to children at an early age as they are filled with wonder and curiosity. St. Michael School helps grow their knowledge of God’s love and concern for them and others. Along with building our students' faith, we provide an excellent academic education using the latest and best research-based instructional materials and practices.